`   

 

 

AREA WX

Bucks Lake

Butte Meadows

Carpenter Ridge

Chico

Climate Data
De Sabla Reservoir

De Sabla History

Humbug Rd.

Magalia Reservoir

Paradise
Stirling City


RADAR

National Loop

Nor-Cal Map

Radar Loop

WU Radar


SATELLITES

Visible Loop
Visible Still
IR Loop
IR Still

N. Hemishere
WV/IR Loop

PAC. IR Loop

Full Disk GOES
Water Vapor Still

 Fog 2km Still

NWS Satellite Page

Precipitable Water


MAPS

CNRFC

COLA

Earthwind Map

EOSDIS

Fronts/Press/Wx

U.S. Lightning Map

Pacific Ocean Map

U.S. Map

West Coast Map


MODELS
Hourly Graph
North Pacific

Outlook Maps

GFS 10-Day Loop


MISC.

Butte Co. Court

Camera Trap Codger

El Nino/La Nina

Farmer's Almanac

Local Gas Prices

Earthquake Map 1

Earthquake Map 2

Fort Ord Profiler

Friends of Butte Creek

WX Glossary

PG&E Outage Map

High Lakes Info.

Megan's Law Site

NWS Homepage

Paradise PD Crimes

P.O.A. Homepage

Road Conditions

Weather Story

Weather Wall Map


FIRE INFO.

Burn Status

Cal-Fire Home Page

Fire Warning Map

GACC


NEWS

Chico ER

CN&R

KHSL TV

KPAY 1290

Orange Co. Register

Oroville Mercury R.

Paradise Post

Plumas Co.

Sacramento Bee

Tahoe Tribune


WEBCAMS

Antioch

Big Sur

Bishop

Butte Canyon

Butte Meadows

Chester Live

Coos Bay, OR

Elko

Grass Valley

Huntington Beach

June Lake Live

L.A. Airport

Lake Oroville

Lassen Park (south)

Lick Observatory

Mono Lake

Moreno Valley

Mt. Hood

Mt. Lassen

Mt. Shasta

Mt. St. Helens

Mt. Wilson

Newport Beach

Olympic Valley

Owens Lake

Quincy SR-70/89

Portola 1

Portola 2

Reno

Sacramento

Sausalito

San Jose

Sundial Bridge

Tahoe Cams
Tahoe

Teton Mountains

Weed

Yosemite


 


 

 

Established 11-28-04

 

Magaliaweather.com is located in Magalia, California @ 2600' elevation

Member of CWOP and Weatherunderground.com

Email to: magaliaweather.com@comcast.net

Equipment: Davis Vantage Vue weather station ~ WeatherLink 6.0.3 software


 

Quick Links



Mobil Devices: HERE

  WeatherLink 2.0: HERE

Monthly Station Data: HERE

 

DashboardRain and SnowWindTemperatureReal TimeLocal Webcams

NWS DiscussionButte Co. MapDigital ForecastGFS 15-DayRoad ConditionsMesonet MapLive Scanner

        


    
12/13/18



Wednesday saw a mix of clouds and sun as a weak weather system passed to our north. Skies were mainly clear during the morning and early afternoon hours, but a weather system passing to our north brought considerable cloudiness to our area late in the afternoon into the evening hours. Some light precipitation fell in a few areas of the northern mountains, Northern High Sierra, and north coastal areas, elsewhere was dry.

The Wednesday afternoon high temperature at this location reached 55º, and the morning low was 36º. The average high temperature for this time of the year is 52º, and average low is 32º. Winds were quite light, with a peak gust of only 1 mph.

Today should see clear skies this morning into much of the afternoon, before an approaching Pacific frontal system begins to spill a few high clouds over the high pressure ridge currently over us. Increasing clouds during the late afternoon into evening hours should bring about mostly cloudy skies for tonight. There is a 0% chance of precipitation though tonight. Winds should be out of the northeast this morning at 1-3 mph, turning more southerly up to 2 mph this afternoon as the air flow turns more onshore. The high temperature this afternoon is predicted at 56º, and the low tonight near 44º. Today should be the last full day without a chance of precipitation for about the next 5-6 days.

Friday should see mostly cloudy skies  and a chance of rain throughout most of the day and night. There's a 0% chance of measurable precipitation at day-change, increasing to a 5% chance by about sunrise and continuing into late morning. By late morning the odds of rain increase to a 40% chance, and an 80% chance by about late afternoon into late Friday night as the brunt of the system reaches our area. This rain event doesn't appear to be very wet, and less than a half inch of rain is expected in Magalia on Friday. The afternoon high is predicted at 52º, and the low near 45º. Snow levels are predicted at about 5000' to 5500'. Southerly winds should pickup ahead of Friday's frontal system. Winds may reach as high as 8-14 mph Friday morning, and increase to as high as 15 mph during the afternoon hours. Winds should gradually taper off by about sunset into the night.

Saturday may see a bit of a decrease in precipitation coverage and intensity, but residual moisture and a weak upper level trough passing just to our north may keep a 20% to 30% chance of rain in our forecast. Only about a tenth of an inch of
rain is currently predicted for Magalia. The high temperature is predicted at about 52º, and a low of 46º. Southerly winds are expected at 6-8 mph.

Sunday may see the next wetter weather system begin to affect our area. Forecast models are beginning to trend towards pushing the majority of the moisture into Central California which would affect the amount of rainfall we receive here in our area. Precipitation odds start out at a 20% chance, and gradually increase to an 80% chance by late afternoon into early Monday morning. This system is predicted to drop about 1.5" of rain in Magalia as it lingers into Monday. Snow levels are predicted at 5500' to 6500'. Odds of precipitation drop to 20% by late afternoon into late Tuesday afternoon.

High pressure is currently forecast to build into the region by about the middle of next week, allowing for a drying out period. There's only a 5% chance of rain on Wednesday, with a high temperature of 56º. Forecast models diverge by the middle of next week, so the forecast is not very confident at this time. Have a good Thursday. Bob

                                                                                        Full page message board HERE


                                                                         Email us at: magaliaweather.com@comcast.net

                                                                                  Mailing address:   PO BOX 263 Magalia, CA 95954

 

                                                                                           StatCounter - Free Web Tracker and CounterHITS SINCE 12/01/04

                                                                                      

                                                                  Magaliaweather.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of any weather information on this website.